I have Cousins
I know it sounds funny, but meeting my 1st cousin, Jess, (she's 27) for the first time was like finding a long lost family heirloom...my sisters and I really missed not having cousins around. It was a thrill to see the "Wertz" name on someone else's luggage...we were like, oh my gosh, that's our name. My dad was a little over protective of making sure she went to bed early...but it was wonderful to see how pleased he was that we were together. We have 6 1st cousins from my dad's only brother. Jess started emailing back and forth with Brandi and the next thing you know, she booked a flight to come meet us...quite a brave thing to do without knowing what we were like...yes, we are weird, but in a normal way! One of her brothers looks just like what "our" brother would look like, you could see a lot of my dad's traits. It was so fun, I hated for her to go, but know that this is only the first step in bringing the Wertz cousins together! There is something to be said about family...blood is thicker than water!!!
1 comment:
Very cool. She is adorable & I can definitely see some resemblance. :)
Post a Comment