Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Silver Lake













































We spent the extended Labor Day weekend at Silver Lake with Mimi, Papa, and the Ferguson clan! We had a wonderful time "roughing" it; propane lighting and a generator:) the cabin was one of Rick's Grandpa Doug's greatest joys! We hiked 2 miles up to Granite Lake-Carsyn, Jane, & Jack were troopers!! The guys took Nicole & I on a canoe ride across the lake, it was a smooth ride until my 2 boys come around the point on the Sea-Doos...I'll never forget that mischievious look on Chris' face! We all started screaming "NO", but luckily he just made some waves; Cole on the other hand flooded the canoe!! Poor Rick had on the last of his clean/dry clothes! We all had a good laugh, but things would have been quite different if he had tipped us over...we would have had to swim to shore!! I love making memories with the family.

1 comment:

Ty and Lisa Mathis said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time @ Silver Lake. I love all the pictures of your family, they look vintage in front of the cabin. I wish we could have made the drive, maybe next time. I LOVE when you update your blog, I miss seeing all your beautiful faces. XOXOXO