Cole's Surgery
Cole had an emergency appendectomy friday morning at 1:00 am after playing the entire 4th quarter of his football game thursday evening! What a tough kid!! he complained of a stomach ache before seminary but went anyway and then went to school and on to his football game. I guess it was hurting him during warm-ups but not enough to keep him from playing the game...he said he was too distracted when he was playing to be bothered by the pain. by the time he got home, after chris' practice mind you, he was hurting terribly so he walked over to see my dad. After my dad, and mom, had diagnosed him, they called Rick to tell him to call the Dr. I didn't find out until 9:00 when I called Rick to see what was going on and he responded with "we're waiting for the surgeon to call back"! I thought Rick was kidding because just as he said that, I heard cole moan...this is typical joking around for Rick so I made him put my mom on the phone to be sure he wasn't pulling my leg. I brought Kendal home and we were off the hospital! Good riddance, appendix! He is back to school today after 5 days of taking it easy. I am grateful to good doctors, my dad, and a speedy recovery:)
2 days after surgery; going stir crazy
thumbs still work well
morning after surgery
just before going under the knife!
grit through the pain
2 comments:
How sad for poor Cole - he looks miserable. Glad to know he is all better!
So sad Cole! We can't wait to see you guys all next month. We are glad you are okay!!!
Post a Comment