Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Year!





We spent New Year's in Pasadena this year...thanks Jenny and Wyatt for your hospitality! We went to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles for breakfast, I know it sounds like a bad combination, but it's actually delicious! We cruised the route of the Rose Parade; watched all the crazy spectators set up their stuff to settle in for the LONG wait to have a birds-eye view of the parade; drove by the Rose Bowl; when everyone else arrived, we did it all over again (albeit a different restaurant)! The girls and kids walked from jenny's house to the watch the parade while Rick and Cole (on mountain bikes) chased Rick Sr., Wyatt, & Joe (on street bikes in their full biking gear) around town! They finally went back to the house to see the parade in HD!! We drove down to the beach house where I got deathly ill early saturday morning and spent the next 24 hours hugging the porcelain bowl while the rest of the family enjoyed the perfect So. Cal weather! I was so sad I didn't get to see the Mathis'! I emerged Sunday feeling weak and several pounds lighter!! Did get to see the Ferguson's and go to Tressles. Drove home after spending time at the park with our little nephews.  Man does Rick love HIS nephews!!!!  We missed Kendal, who stayed home to attend an AP World History Seminar. The highlight of the trip was Rick throwing a marshmallow at a moving car full of screaming girls, and nailing one of them on the nose...leaving them speechless!  Happy Birthday 10th Chris! Next year is your year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for coming and staying with us. We had such a blast! I am so glad you guys loved Rosco's. Now we have something to bribe you with to get you back down here. Come visit again soon. WE love you guys!