Christmas Blessings!
Christmas Eve was spent wrapping the last of the presents and delivering goodies to friends & neighbors. We also had the opportunity to take Christmas to a family in need...on Christmas eve, I received a call from the Sheriff's Center letting me know the family our youth provided Christmas for had up and moved! So, on Christmas eve, I had toys, bikes, clothing, & a holiday meal for 10 with nowhere to go. After many phone calls, we were on our way to play Santa. When we arrived, this family had not one gift under their tree, nor did they have little lights lighting the tree; BUT what they did have, I will never forget! On this tree I saw cards made by 2 young boys...on the fronts were written "our gift to Jesus." Now, I do not know what was written inside, but I do know this family loves the Lord! Christmas is not about the gifts, it's about the spirit of giving. I am very grateful to have been reminded of this in a very special way! So, I ask...what is your "gift" to Jesus?
No comments:
Post a Comment